The Davis County Community Foundation helps to integrate charitable giving within estate and financial plans as well as facilitate anonymous giving and assist with complex gift instruments.
As a professional advisor you are often faced with a delicate dilemma – you want to discuss the many benefits of charitable giving with your clients and help them with their charitable goals but you want to remain neutral and avoid recommending a specific charitable cause or organization.
The Davis County Community Foundation is a single, trusted vehicle your clients can use to address the issues they care about most, while gaining maximum tax benefits under state and federal law.
Professional Advisor Resources
As you work with clients to meet their charitable and financial goals, the Davis County Community Foundation is here to work alongside you. Below you will find resources on ways we can work together, unique opportunities available through the Community Foundation and more.
Charitable Considerations for Your Clients
The articles below may serve as resources as you consider the variety of ways we can partner with you to meet the unique financial and charitable goals of your clients.
Client Giving Solutions
Share with your clients how we work together to meet their giving and financial goals.
Endow Iowa Information Sheet
Learn more about the Endow Iowa Tax Credit program.
Ways to Give
The Community Foundation accepts a variety of gift types to support your client’s charitable giving goals.
IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA charitable rollover provides a simple, tax-wise way for your clients to take the minimum distribution, skip the tax and make meaningful gifts.
Charitable Investment Partners Program
Helping your clients establish a charitable fund through the Davis County Community Foundation is easy with the Charitable Investment Partners program.
This program allows your clients to establish funds at the Foundation while you continue to manage their assets.
Donors in the program gain access to all services the Foundation offers including maximum tax benefits, Endow Iowa Tax Credits, expert philanthropic guidance and flexible giving options. Plus, the Foundation accepts a variety of gifts including cash, appreciated stock, real estate and other assets.
How it Works
- We establish an investment account with you, and you provide investment services. The assets in the donor’s fund remain under your management.
- If your clients establish Endow Iowa qualified funds, they are eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.
- Your clients establish a fund at the Community Foundation and receive maximum tax benefits.
- Your clients recommend grants from the fund, working with our professional staff to support the causes and organizations they care about most.
- The Foundation issues grant checks to charities your clients select.
- Your clients will receive a statement quarterly from the Foundation that details fund activity, and clients can access information about their funds online at any time through Manage My Fund.
- Investment performance information is provided to clients through your organization.
Transfer of Wealth Statistics
Total wealth transfer
in Davis County
If only 5%
of that was given to
the Community Foundation
wealth transfer in